Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hillary's Saturday Surprise

Yesterday, the Secretary of State Clinton's Daily Schedule stated that she had "No public appointments." I know that means PUBLIC and not necessarily "no appointments." But I was not prepared for her stealth visit to Iraq. The first thing I heard when I was waking up this morning was that she was in Iraq. Of course I know they never publicize these visits to war zones in advance, and I worried for her after the terrible attacks yesterday. Nevertheless, she entered in her typical Hillary fashion - she has a way with that gangplank - and greeted the guys on the tarmac in a way no male in her position could ever get away with.



Disembarking Hill Force One (cute shoes!)

Greeting Ambassador Christopher HIll



Greeting Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari. US military commander, Admiral Michael Mullen looks on.



A signature Town Hall meeting at the new American Embassy.

From here, we have word that she is to move on to Kuwait. I am pretty sure she has left Iraq already. She looks very happy on this trip (as usual). She certainly can pack a lot into a week, a month, a hundred days. Amazing!