Thursday, December 24, 2009

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's Remarks: Return of Sean Goldman

Return of Sean Goldman

Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
December 24, 2009


I am thrilled that 9-year-old Sean Goldman was reunited with his father David Goldman earlier today in Rio de Janeiro and that they are flying home to New Jersey. I want to thank everyone who helped bring this long process to a successful conclusion, including a number of members of Congress and many concerned parties both here and in Brazil. We also appreciate the assistance and cooperation of the Government of Brazil in upholding its obligations under the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction. I offer my warmest wishes for father and son as they celebrate their first holiday season together in five years.


They are currently in flight. I know that Hillary appreciates David Goldman's perseverance in working to get Sean home. It's a quality she, too, possesses.