Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Secretary Clinton's Remarks With Bahraini Deputy PM Sheikh Muhammad bin Mubarak Al Khalifa

Remarks With Bahraini Deputy Prime Minister Sheikh Muhammad bin Mubarak Al Khalifa Before Their Meeting


Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Treaty Room
Washington, DC
November 17, 2010


SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, I’m delighted that the deputy prime minister can be here at the State Department. We are very close to Bahrain and they’ve been wonderful partners and friends. I’m looking forward to my visit there, just in a short time from now in early December, and looking forward to our meeting.

DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AL KHALIFA: And I am very glad to meet Madam Secretary and – who assured me that Bahrain relation with United States always in the best (inaudible) and we always trying to enhance it, and especially the free trade agreement (inaudible) in 2006. I think our relations, economic (inaudible) on the (inaudible).

SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you. Thank you so much, sir. Thank you very much.

DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AL KHALIFA: Thank you.