Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Video: Secretary Clinton with Bahraini FM Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed al-Khalifa



Remarks With Bahraini Foreign Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed al-Khalifa Before Their Bilateral Meeting


Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Treaty Room
Washington, DC
October 26, 2011


SECRETARY CLINTON: Good afternoon, everyone, and it’s a pleasure once again for me to welcome my colleague and counterpart, the foreign minister of Bahrain. He’s been here in consultations with many officials of our government, members of Congress, others who care deeply about Bahrain and our important relationship. And I’m looking forward to a wide-ranging, comprehensive discussion of our full agenda, sir. FOREIGN MINISTER AL-KHALIFA: Thank you very much, Madam Secretary. I’m here to meet with my colleague, my friend, Madam Secretary. And I’m here – I’ve met with so many friends all over Washington and the government, on the Hill, both sides. Bahrain has many friends who are interested in what’s happening in Bahrain. A lot of them have concerns of what’s happening in Bahrain. It’s incumbent upon us to come and explain to our friends what’s going on and what we intend to do. And I’m confident that our talks today will also be of that direction. Thank you very much.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you so much.
FOREIGN MINISTER AL-KHALIFA: Thank you.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Again, welcome.