Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Statement from President Clinton and Secretary Clinton on the Passing of Billy Graham

Wednesday
Feb 21
2018
Statement
Hillary and I are saddened by the passing of our friend Billy Graham, one of the most important religious leaders in American history. His powerful words and the conviction they carried touched countless hearts and minds.

I will never forget the first time I saw him, 60 years ago in Little Rock, during the school integration struggle. He filled a football stadium with a fully integrated audience, reminding them that we all come before God as equals, both in our imperfection and our absolute claim to amazing grace.

Later as Governor, in the White House, and afterward, I saw him live that faith fully in the constant kindness, encouragement, and counsel he extended to Hillary and me.

Billy has finished his long good race, leaving our world a better place and claiming his place in glory.
###

See the source image