Saturday, June 29, 2019

EMERGENCY PROTESTS: Tuesday, July 2

This is about the fabric of who we are. If we do not stop this criminal practice, everything else, education, healthcare, the economy, taxes, none of it has any significance. A lawless, criminal state is allowing human rights abuses. This must stop.
Families Belong Together

NEW revelations of ABHORRENT and willfully neglectful treatment of infants and children have just been revealed in a court filing.

Sick babies are languishing untreated for days in extreme cold temperatures, with guards refusing parents' requests to see a doctor and told to "just deal with it."1
Toddlers are wearing soiled clothes or stripping down because all their clothes, diapers, and baby formula are taken when parents arrive -- and no new clothes are provided.2

MoveOn, United We Dream, and the American Friends Service Committee have joined us to organize dozens of groups for an emergency mobilization at noon this Tuesday, July 2nd outside local Congressional offices to demand Congress CLOSE THE CAMPS.


The revelations in the court filing come from interviews conducted by attorneys who accessed the camps.
These are the children's own words:
  • 'The day after we arrived here, my baby began vomiting and having diarrhea. I asked to see a doctor and they did not take us. I asked again the next day and the guard said "She doesn't have the face of a sick baby. She doesn't need to see a doctor." My baby daughter has not had medicine since we first arrived. She has a very bad cough, fever and continues to vomit and have diarrhea.' (Age 16, female).2
  • 'I started taking care of [Name Redacted] (age 5) in the Ice Box after they separated her from her father. I did not know either of them before that. She was very upset. The workers did nothing to try to comfort her. I tried to comfort her and she has been with me ever since.' (Age 15, female).2
  • 'Three days ago my baby soiled his clothes. I had no place to wash the clothes so I could not put them back on my baby because when he went to the bathroom his poop came out of his diaper and all over his clothing. Since then, my baby of only three months has only been wearing a small little jacket made of t-shirt material. I have nothing else for my son to wear' (Age 17, female).2
We must do EVERYTHING WE CAN TO END THIS ABUSE. Please -- join us this Tuesday and let's close the camps:
FIND THE CLOSEST EVENT TO YOU AND TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO ATTEND.

See you there,

Jess Morales Rocketto, Chairwoman
Families Belong Together


Join Us: Text BELONG to 97779 | Support Our Work | Follow us: Facebook Twitter