Friday, July 24, 2009

Why Hillary wins!

These photos from yesterday in Thailand illustrate better than any words can the advantage Hillary Rodham Clinton has on the world stage. She is female among all those men. More than that she is extremely attractive and charming. When a woman this beautiful decides to turn on the sex appeal, she wins, the men win, everybody wins. So let's go back a minute and revisit Obama's reasons for nominating her: her brilliant intellect, her energy, her work ethic - all of those. We can all agree that she is exceptional in all of those respects. But no one has mentioned (so I will) that she wins the day on every trip (and every bilateral at home) because she is also gorgeous, hot, and sexy. Men fall right into those blue eyes. She makes long, meaningful eye contact and pulls them in like a siren.

Now you may think it is sexist of me to say this. I don't think it is, and I don't particularly care if you do think so since I know it is not. Since Hillary's Village went down, I feel a strange sense of freedom, much as I miss my friends. I got tired of being told that I should concentrate on Hillary's accomplishments rather than her pantsuits, beautiful face, pretty figure, and always surprising hair. It's all a package, girls! I always have emphasized her abilities, resumé, and accomplishments.

She made a huge leap forward in Asia this week. You have to be blind not to see that her brand of smart diplomacy is leveraged as much by sex appeal as by scholarship, reason, and outreach. She's got it. She uses it, and why shouldn't she? It works! It's fun to watch! Heeeeeerrrrrre's Hillary!

Gordon C. Chang gets it!