Sunday, November 1, 2009

Secretary Clinton: Wheels Down in Marrakech



She landed early in the morning. I love the way she descends from her plane. I don't know why. My shallow comment for the day is that I love this new navy pantsuit, AND the wrap, AND the glasses. We see her being greeted by the Moroccan Foreign Minister Taib Fassi Fihri and the U.S. Ambassador to Morocco Samuel L. Kaplan and his wife Sylvia. I LOVE the gent kissing her hands, Abdeslam Jaidi, Moroccan consul to the United Nations. First of all, that is a very sexy greeting. I love it! Second, I know it is not lost on the readers here that Consul Jaidi has a sartorial flair similar to Hillary's. Yes, he can wear a teal jacket! I approve! I am going to enjoy seeing these two interact over the next few days. I am sure they met during UNGA, and, clearly, he's an admirer.

OK - I guess there was more than one shallow comment in this post. The past two days have been heavy with the marginalization/demonization of Mahmoud Abbas* and genuflection to Netanyahu and Lieberman. We all deserve one little post that's just pretty and fun.

*Abbas: Hillary? He's the GOOD guy!