Friday, January 29, 2010

Slideshow: Hillary Clinton Loses Her Shoe And Looks Adorable Doing It! **Shallow Post Warning**

I know that some people think, because I have a picture of Hillary with the word "Perfect" inscribed on it in the sidebar, that I think she is perfect. I know Hillary is human, can and does make mistakes, and does not do everything perfectly. Her humanity is actually what I find so endearing about her. If she were only brilliant and beautiful, well, there have been some deadly dames in history who fit that description, and I might not find her so attractive in that instance. Hillary has a strong, soft, warm heart that reaches out to people. And, as she proved today, like many of us who have had training in dance, can be a little klutzy, even onstage. I have to smile at this for two reasons.

1. Where I work, there are days when I am up and down the stairs often, and I have been known to walk out of my shoe occasionally exactly the way Hillary did here. I have no idea why that happens.

2. The pictures show something else, and I will say this right out. There have been remarks made by comedians and others about Hillary's physical attributes. I think these pictures show quite well that Hillary is in beautiful shape. She has a dancer's body, looks lovely from every angle, and even while losing her shoe, has some graceful, athletic, fetching recovery positions and moves. How many of the people who have criticized her appearance would look that adorable in this situation from those angles?

If you are going to lose your shoe, try to look this totally hot doing it. It might also be a good idea to laugh at yourself afterwards, as Hillary did.

That is my shallow post. Or IS it so shallow?

For those obsessed with the news aspect, this occurred at the Elysée Palace in Paris where she met with President Nicholas Sarkozy and Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner. Sarkozy partners her well. Bravo, Nick!