Saturday, February 12, 2011

Greta Van Susteren Defends Hillary Clinton on Mexico

Readers here know that it is rare for me to post news about Secretary Clinton from sources other than the State Department. I like to be certain and take the information from the primary source. Rarer still, in fact possibly never before here, is a post about a blog entry. Whether the author is a big name or, like me, small change hiding behind a screen name, many bloggers offer not news, but opinion.

Tonight I am making a rare exception. Greta Van Susteren has stuck her neck out big time, and I want to recognize and support her courage in doing so. Her blog post popped up on one of my news feeds, and it deserves attention. Here is an excerpt.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is 100 % right and President Obama and President Calderone are both 100 % wrong

...Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has traveled to Mexico (we / ON THE RECORD at 10pm went with her once to Mexico or maybe twice) and knows what is going on there as well as any US official. I wish the President would listen to what she has to say. She has seen with her own eyes. Secretary Clinton, after a trip to Mexico, said something like Mexico is like Columbia of 20 years ago and BOTH President Obama and President Calderone rebuked her for that statement. She is 100 % right -- the two Presidents are trying to sugar coat the situation. The two Presidents are 100 % wrong - Mexico IS like Columbia of 20 years ago (or maybe worse.)

I have read attacks on Greta by Hillary followers, but I have to say that I have never heard or read an unfair statement about Hillary from her. I appreciate that she has stepped up to the plate for Hillary on this issue. What she says is true.

Hillary Clinton, as Secretary of State has been to Mexico at least four times that I can think of. The only approaches to the border that President Obama has made have been campaign stops. The speech he recently made in Tucson amounted to a campaign speech also. It is his Secretary of State who has been involved with this issue deeply along with her Mexican counterpart Patricia Espinosa and the task forces they have from their departments studying this problem.

So thank you, Greta, for standing up for Hillary's statement and for providing the evidence that she is indeed correct!