Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Makers, With Hillary Clinton, A Hit! Take a Bow, PBS!

I just had to share this lovely photo.
PBS_Makers
"This undated publicity photo provided by PBS, courtesy of MAKERS, shows Hillary Clinton, first female major party presidential candidate and former U.S. Secretary of State, as well as a pioneering and controversial former First Lady, in the film,"Makers: Women Who Make America." The three-hour PBS documentary about the fight for women's equality, airs Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, and features prominent activists including Gloria Steinem and Marlo Thomas. (AP Photo/PBS, Courtesy of MAKERS)"
I watched and recorded this magnificent documentary.  I hope everyone had a chance to see it.  I will not review it because I was too fascinated to take notes.   The only thing I will say is that I could have done without noted Hillary-Hater MHP and done with the woman who wrote the controversial article about women having it all, Anne-Marie Slaughter, but perhaps they asked her and she declined.   Other than that minor complaint, I loved it.  Excellent!  It should get some awards!

This picture and the footage appear to have been shot on the same day as the Time cover from November 2011.  It was obviously shot awhile ago.  Nora Ephron was in it.

time-nov-2011

I have that one framed in my hallway.