Sunday, May 11, 2014

Vogue Runs Excerpt from Hillary Clinton's 'Hard Choices'

In time for Mothers' Day,  Vogue released its online excerpt from Hillary's new book, Hard Choices, due for release June 10 from Simon and Schuster.  Here,  Hillary reflects upon her own mother, Dorothy Howell Rodham.

We know this is a very special Mothers' Day for Hillary since Chelsea received her Ph.D. yesterday from Oxford University. 

Happy Mothers' Day, Mme. Secretary!

Shaping History: Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, photographed in her office at the State Department.
Photographed by Annie Leibovitz, Vogue, December 2009

In an exclusive excerpt from her new memoir, Hard Choices, Hillary Clinton remembers her mother, Dorothy Howell Rodham—the struggles she overcame and the lessons she passed along.

From the moment I first held Chelsea in my arms in the hospital in Little Rock, I knew my mission in life was to give her every opportunity to thrive. As she’s grown up and stepped out into the world in her own right, my responsibilities have changed. Now that she’s expecting a child of her own, I’m preparing for a new role that I’ve looked forward to for years: grandmother. And I’ve found myself thinking a lot about my relationship with my own mom, as an adult as well as in childhood, and what lessons I learned from her.

Read more >>>>

You can receive excerpts at the website for the book here >>>>

img-hardchoices_191922507583.jpg_article_singleimage


. Thank you Anna. Wishing all the mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day, & looking forward to celebrating a new mother soon.