Thursday, September 14, 2017

Forgiveness v. Absolution

The more I read Hillary's book, the less I feel inclined to provide context.

What is forgiveness? What is absolution?  There is a difference.



Hillary Clinton says she does not forgive people who didn't vote in the 2016 presidential election and now say they regret it.
In an interview with CNN Wednesday, the former Democratic candidate told Anderson Cooper that more than two dozen women apologized to her for not voting or otherwise helping to advance her campaign. Clinton appeared on Cooper's show 360° to discuss her new memoir about her loss to Republican Donald Trump, titled What Happened.
"When it first started happening, it was so soon after the election," Clinton told Cooper. "It was hard for me to comfort somebody who was coming to me and saying, 'Oh, I wish I had done more,' or, 'I'm sorry I didn't vote' because I think this was one of the most consequential elections that we have faced in a long time."
"So, no absolution," Clinton added. "But I just hope people will take what happened this time seriously and be ready and willing to vote the next time."
Read more >>>>