Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Philippe Reines on Playing Trump

This is absolutely a "must share." Philippe tends to stay behind the scenes, but there is no doubt that in another life he could have been a contender ... for a Tony Award, an Emmy, and an Oscar! He is an entertaining writer, as well!
politico.com
 

What I Learned From Playing Donald Trump

Getty Images
By PHILIPPE REINES

I lied. I bragged. I flailed my hands and arms. I wore a long red tie. Really long. I did it all.
Except take responsibility. For anything. Ever.
While some people who know me might think I'm describing myself, I’m not. I’m describing the three months last year that I was the Donald Trump stand-in for dozens of mock debates against Hillary Clinton (who was played by Hillary Clinton).
To truly become Trump, I had to immerse myself in all things Trump. I watched every clip of Trump I could get my hands on. All the primary debates, rallies, TV interviews. As I told Politico’s Annie Karni a few months ago, I got so into my role as Donald Trump that I began to lose my sense of where my tie ended and he began.