Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Hillary and Health Care ... in the UK!

One of my uncles had a weak heart. Long retired, he and my aunt did a summer home exchange with a couple from England. That couple moved into their home in Ridgewood, NJ for a few weeks while my Uncle Bud and Aunt Marge occupied their premises in northern England.

Then my uncle had a heart attack. He was rushed to the hospital, treated, and recovered. Upon discharge, my uncle tried to provide his insurance card. The hospital refused it. He then requested a bill. That also was not provided. It was a WTF moment.

The hospital explained that all procedures and treatments were covered even though he was not English. That is how their system works.

My uncle enjoyed the rest of his summer vacay in England. He never had to pay a penny for his medical care.

Hillary Clinton has paid tribute to the NHS after she was forced to rearrange a series of interviews because she fell and broke her toe.
The former US presidential candidate had been due to appear on Woman’s Hour, This Morning and the Graham Norton Show as part of a promotional tour for her book What Happened.
But all three interviews were cancelled or delayed after the accident, which she described when she finally made it to Norton’s set.
“I was running down the stairs in heels with a cup of coffee in hand, I was talking over my shoulder and my heel caught and I fell backwards,” she said. “I tried to get up and it really hurt. I’ve broken my toe. I’ve received excellent care from your excellent health service.”
Read more>>>>
My uncle was - I am pretty sure - a Republican. I never asked. I just figured that. But I think he liked his treatment in the UK having been awestruck by it. Or maybe I read him wrong. His daughter, my cousin, was a strong Dem.

Hillary received treatment for her broken bones according to the same provisions as my uncle many years ago. We are not there yet.

https://pmcfootwearnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/hillary-clinton-graham-norton.jpg?w=1170