Thursday, September 27, 2018

Hillary Clinton Visits Murphy Brown Debut

How did I miss this? Damn! Oh, I know. I had my nose buried in Woodward's Fear! Serves me right for not lightening up after this grueling day.

Hillary Clinton Guest Stars in ‘Murphy Brown’ Premiere as Secretarial Candidate

Hillary Clinton was the first big name cameo of “Murphy Brown’s” revival season.
Clinton appeared in the Sept. 27 premiere of the Candice Bergen-led sitcom — but not as herself. Instead, she was “Hilary,” a woman who said she is often mistaken for the former presidential candidate but actually spells her name with only one “L.” She arrived at Murphy’s new cable news show, “Murphy in the Morning,” to interview for the “secretarial position.”
“Your reputation proceeds you, but I want you to know I’m not afraid of hard work, I’m qualified, and I’m ready on day one,” Clinton said to Murphy at the start of her interview.
Murphy went on to ask if she had any secretarial experience (“For four years I was the secretary … of a very large organization,” she replied) and if she had experience with technology and teamwork.
“I do have some experience with emails,” she said. And on the topic of how many people it takes to run a production, she relied on another one of her campaign mottos: “Everyone works together, it takes a village.”
Read more >>>>