Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hillary Clinton's Statement on Bill Clinton's Rescue of Laura Ling and Euna Lee

Statement from Secretary Clinton in Nairobi, Kenya

Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Intercontinental Hotel
Nairobi, Kenya
August 5, 2009

I wanted to stop in and I will have more to say about this later as the day goes on.
But obviously I am very happy and relieved to have these two young women - Laura Ling and Euna Lee - on their way home to their families. I spoke to my husband on the airplane and everything went well and we are extremely excited that they will be reunited soon when they touch down in California. And it is just a good day to be able to see this happen.
But as I said I'll have more to say later. I want to wait until they are actually at home, they've landed, they are with their families, and they've had a chance to have a little time with each other.
Thank you.