Sunday, August 30, 2009

Haiti Chérie

With a dearth of Hillary news out there (and she is taking tomorrow off too - good for her!), I thought I would share this video sent to me by a friend. I spent ten years in Haiti, will always love that country and its people, and could not be more pleased with the way Bill and Hillary share that love for Haiti. I met Charlie Rangel down there when my faculté held a reception for him. I was not there when Bill and Hillary first visited, so I did not meet them.  I was visiting my sister in Florida for the holidays at the time.

The entire speech that Hillary gives here is posted in the archive of this blog. I put it up the day she made this speech. Haitian soldiers (then French) came here to help us fight the American Revolution. Apparently Bill was the first POTUS to thank Haiti for the support.