Thursday, October 29, 2009

Slideshow: Secretary Clinton in Pakistan Day 2

Well silence today from the State Department social websites that had sent me at least 5 videos and transcripts by this time yesterday. I so love consistency, don't you? The slideshow below shows Secretary Clinton visiting the historical Badshahi Masjid in Lahore with her Pakistani counterpart, Shah Mehmood Qureshi. While in Lahore, she also met with former Prime minister Nawaz Sharif and held at least one town hall meeting at a university. One photo shows the kind of reception she received from some students and young people.

So I keep hearing that she fielded some tough questions at the town hall, but no transcripts have come through. I guess meanwhile, you'll just have to be satisfied with the pretty pictures (and she does look very pretty - like a madonna).

(I have to work very late tonight. If I get anything further from Lahore, I will post it later.)