Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Year's Resolution

Well it started out as a comment to an entry at Secretary Clinton blog, so you will have to go there first to see what I was reacting to, but by the time I finished spewing and ranting, I realized that I had written a New Year's resolution - something I never make, but it seems I have. So here is what I wrote to Stacy, and this is why I resolve never again to be sidetracked or waylaid by anyone or any group of people away from simply following and defending the person to whom this blog is dedicated, one Hillary Rodham Clinton.



I am glad you pointed out the blizzard meeting with the new Japanese ambassador. I am sick of our hard-working (and CHEERFULLY so) Secretary of State being kicked around by people wearing blinders, and, like you, I hop on my keyboard and rebut. We will keep doing that in the new year even though somewhere inside my head I see and hear Hillary saying, "Oh, I'm used to that." I actually believe she is, but, just like Hillary, I am a "big sister," and we tend to be defensive.

All you anti-Hillary people out there, we are putting you on notice: We will continue to seek out your nonsense and refute it. If anything, I think we will keep even a better record of 2010, at least I will since it took me a little while to realize that the press was not going to cover her to my satisfaction.

When she was on her first few trips, I did notice that especially the TV coverage was poor, but at that time certain other sources (specifically forums: Hillary's Village, where I LIVED and one that went through so many identities now known, if it is still there, as Common Ground Politics) were providing lots of coverage. The problem with that was that is that it was all very insular and did nothing to get her message OUT. It all stayed within the password protected forums, and , as we learned when Hillary's Village went down for good, all the information was lost.

So, for me, 2010 is starting out differently. I will no longer, as I did in January of last year, be subject to moderation by others in forums run for obscure reasons by people with objectives that are perhaps different from my own. I witnessed Hillary's Village turn into Sarah Palin's Village in 2009, and that was when I realized that the day I began my own blog in summer 2008 because people at supposedly pro-Hillary blogs were turning against her was the day I took a step in the right direction. I did get waylaid last year, and it will not happen again. I intend to follow the SOS very closely on my blogs for the whole of 2010. Hillary's Village having turned to cyber-dust in 2009 was probably the best thing that could have happened. Now, everything she does will be up in the public domain, and not password protected, on our blogs.