Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hillary in Newsweek!

This little excerpt of an interview with Hillary from the May 3 edition of Newsweek Magazine popped into my news feed. Forewarned is forearmed, so when you go on your search for the Esquire issue, pick up Newsweek as well. It is mighty satisfying for those of us who follow her work closely to see this kind of supportive and respectful media attention paid to our excellent and hard working Secretary of State. We know she is not one to seek the spotlight. She even appears a little shy of it sometimes, but it is gratifying to see that the MSM, not wont to treat her kindly at times in the past, are recognizing her for her dedication to duty. It is also always nice to find new pictures since she is not hard to look at. Not at all!

(Check out the slideshow.)


‘Get In There and Mix It Up’

Hillary Clinton on Obama, Iran, and a world of troubles.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sat down for a 40-minute interview last week with NEWSWEEK's Michael Hirsh at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Tallinn, Estonia, where she was attending the NATO foreign ministers' meeting. Excerpts:

The great psychodrama that people are interested in is how do you go from one of the great battles in modern American political history to this close partnership?
Actually, it was kind of funny. It was the Sunday after the election, and Bill and I were going for a hike at a reserve near where we live in New York. About an hour and a half into it, [Bill's phone] rang. It was the president-elect saying he wanted to talk to Bill about some potential appointments. Bill said, "Well, we're on this walk and it's kind of awkward talking to you. Can we talk later?" And the president-elect said, "Yes, and I want to talk to Hillary too, so tell her to call me." I assumed it was along the same lines. And then when he asked me if I would be his secretary of state, I said there are so many other people you should look at [laughs]. I really felt an obligation to the people of New York to go back and serve, and I was just so surprised. I had never, ever, ever thought about it. We began a series of conversations. They ended with my deciding if the shoe had been on the other foot, and I had won and I had asked him to be part of my administration, I would have hoped he would have said yes. And I'm old-fashioned enough to believe that when a president calls, you should have a presumption of saying yes.

Read the rest here>>>

Thank you, Newsweek!