Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Video: Secretary Clinton with Peruvian Pres-elect Humala




Remarks with Peruvian President-elect Ollanta Humala Before Their Meeting



Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Treaty Room
Washington, DC
July 6, 2011


SECRETARY CLINTON: Good afternoon, everyone. I am delighted to welcome President-elect Humala to the State Department. We are looking forward to working with the president-elect when he assumes office in just a short time. He has a very big agenda in front of him, and the United States stands ready to be his partner. So President-elect, I look forward to discussing many matters with you, and again, a warm welcome to the United States and to the State Department.

PRESIDENT-ELECT HUMALA: (Via interpreter) I am extremely happy to be here visiting the Department of State of a country with which we share a very important relationship. And I want to express my thanks to the Secretary, Mrs. Hillary Clinton, for her kind welcome to me here, and I look forward to holding an open and transparent discussion. And I want to say that it is my intention to strengthen the relationship between our countries, a relationship which is good. But I hope that during my administration, it will become even better. Thank you so much.

SECRETARY CLINTON: Welcome again. Thank you.


He brought his wife along to the meeting.