Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Video: Secretary Clinton with Tajikistan Foreign Minister Zarifi



Remarks With Tajikistani Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi Before Their Meeting


Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Treaty Room
Washington, DC
May 16, 2012

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, we’re delighted to welcome Minister Zarifi here. I’ve had a wonderful visit to Tajikistan and an opportunity to meet with the president and government about a full range of issues in our bilateral relationship as well as regional issues. So I’m looking forward to the conversation with the minister today, where we can review the progress we’re making in our dialogue between our two countries, and explore other ways to deepen and broaden the already strong relationship between our two countries. So welcome, Minster. FOREIGN MINISTER ZARIFI: Thank you very much. I would like to thank Madam Secretary of State for hosting me and my team today. And we have very good relations. Our strategic partners and I would like to discuss our bilateral and issues of the neighboring countries in the region. As (inaudible) usually our talk and very understanding friends. And I would like to see our friends from State Department and delighted to see old friends and to discuss our bilateral issues. Thank you.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you so much, Minister.
FOREIGN MINISTER ZARIFI: Thank you.