Sunday, June 15, 2014

Hillary Clinton on 'Sunday Morning' with Jane Pauley

Just my opinion:  Jane conducted the best of the network interviews so far.  I may be biased because she prepped the way I would have and came with notes printed in large font which I also would have done.  Using Hillary's famous commencement speech as a basis for her questions,  she conducted the interview at  Wellesley during Alumni Weekend.   Here are a few clips.

 

​Hillary Clinton on making "what appears to be impossible, possible"

The days of calling Hillary Clinton "Madam Secretary" are over. Now, the question is whether she's again contemplating a run for an even more august title. You no doubt have heard about her new book "Hard Choices" (published by CBS' Simon and Schuster). Several days ago the former first lady sat down with our Jane Pauley for some Questions and Answers...

Beneath the tower of Green Hall, by the shores of Lake Waban, Wellesley College alumnae returned last weekend to their alma mater -- among them, former first lady, U.S. Senator and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Class of 1969.

She laughed as she recognized photos of herself from when she was 21 ("Oh my gosh. Yes. Boy, I had long, long hair."

"What are you laughing at?" asked Pauley.

"I'm laughing at my gestures."

And the pants? "You know what, I have to tell you -- I've never been a fashion icon, in case you haven't noticed, but this was a particularly bad choice."

Read more and see more video clips >>>>

Many of us had long hair then, and I had those pants.  I wore them to death because my friend Maria said they made me look "long."  Being vertically challenged, I found that a fashion "do."

For the record:  I still call her Madame Secretary.
 ###