Monday, April 20, 2015

Email from Hillary Clinton: " I couldn't imagine a better way to begin"

Hillary for America
Friend --

Last week, we kicked off this campaign by driving to Iowa.

It was an incredible trip. I sat down with Iowans and asked them what they really cared about, and heard about their hopes for the future. It was just honest conversation and a whole lot of coffee.

One young woman in Marshalltown told me about learning to run her father's farm. A principal from Cedar Rapids said he's worried about making education a priority for his students. A mother at Kirkwood Community College spoke about the challenges of being in school while raising her daughter.

What I heard over and over again is what motivates me to run for president: Everyday Americans want the opportunity to work hard and get ahead, for themselves and for their children.

I couldn't imagine a better way to begin this race.

Here are a few moments from my trip to Iowa. I hope you'll watch this video, share it with your friends, and ask them to get involved by signing up. We need to build a strong organization from the start, and we can't do it without your help:
I'm so grateful to have launched this with people like you by my side. We could not have started off in such a big way without your support, both online and on the road. Today I'm headed to New Hampshire, where I'll have the chance to ask more supporters about their priorities for the future -- you can bet you'll be hearing from me again soon.

Thank you for being a part of this,

Hillary