Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Lovely Thank You from Hillary

This is for everyone who has chipped in and worked so hard.

I wanted to write a quick note to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

When we launched this campaign 17 months ago, I knew how difficult the road would be. But no matter how tough things have gotten, you’ve stood by my side.

We’ve dealt with a lot of hatred and divisiveness. But like my friend Michelle Obama says, when they go low, we go high. In the face of bigotry and anger, you’ve stayed committed to our promise to fill this world with more love and kindness.

America is great because Americans are good. Think of the proud moments we’ve shared in the past 17 months: couples embracing outside the Supreme Court after winning the right to get married, new citizens raising their hands at their swearing-in ceremonies, little girls on their fathers’ shoulders waving to me at rallies, telling me that when they grow up, they’re going to run for president.

We’re still working toward that more perfect union our founders imagined, that civil rights heroes bled and died for, that our brave veterans protected, and that you have said you want to fight for by being a part of this campaign.

In some states, we’re already taking that fight to the ballot box. Two days ago, I was lucky enough to visit an early voting location in Iowa to watch a very special supporter cast her vote: Her name is Ruline, and she is 103 years old. When I met her last February, she told me that though she was born well before women won the right to vote, she was really looking forward to electing our first woman president. I promised I’d do my best not to let her down.

In the final five weeks of this campaign, I’m going to fight my heart out for the values that define our country and humanity, for our families and our future.

Today and every day, I am so grateful that you’re with me in this fight. We truly are stronger together -- and together, we’re going to make history.

With deep thanks,

Hillary

P. S. Here's a photo of Ruline and me taken just before she voted that I couldn't resist sharing:


Win