Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to Secretary Clinton and Mrs. Rodham

The woman to whom I am most grateful, when Mother's Day rolls around, is, of course my own mom, who is gone now, but I would not be here without her. Like all moms, she made a few mistakes, but holding me back was never one of them. I thank her for never letting me think there was anything I could not do.

After her, I am grateful to Mrs. Dorothy Rodham who has given us our brilliant, beautiful, and assiduous Secretary of State. Thank you, Mrs. Rodham for your wonderful work, and for giving us your amazing little girl! Happy Mother's Day to you.

Madame Secretary, for all of your hard work, your concern for the people around you, the demanding travel schedule, your artful, masterful use of smart power, and all of your wonderful successes in your post, I hope you have a wonderful day full of love and pampering. You very much deserve it! Happy Mother's Day!