Friday, May 14, 2010

Video: Secretary Clinton's Remarks With Marshall Islands President Iroij Jurelang Zedkaia Before Their Meeting

Remarks With Marshall Islands President Iroij Jurelang Zedkaia Before Their Meeting


Treaty Room
Washington, DC
May 14, 2010






SECRETARY CLINTON: I’m so pleased. I know it was a very long journey. Thank you for making it to come and meet with us.
PRESIDENT ZEDKAIA: We met at Copenhagen.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Yes, indeed. Well, I’m delighted to welcome the president of the Marshall Islands, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, a great ally and friend of the United States. I’m looking forward to our discussion about a range of important issues. And thank you so much, Mr. President, for coming for these consultations.
PRESIDENT ZEDKAIA: Thank you very much. It’s my honor.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you, sir. Thank you. Thank you all very much.