Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pics of the Week: Hillary Clinton at UNGA and CGI

This is just a review of the past week on a slow Hillary-news day when I hope Mme. Secretary is resting up after her whirlwind week in New York City. There were so very many photos taken of her this week, I plucked out my favorites.

Sunday, September 19, 2010: Arrival day. We see her friend and Pakistani counterpart Shah Mahmoud Qureshi in the background here.

Hillary and blue: Perfect together!
Monday, September 20, 2010: Here she is speaking at a function for Haiti earthquake recovery.
At the same event with Haitian Prime Minister Jean Max Bellerive whom I like very much for being on the ground on the Champs-de-Mars where the people had gathered the day after the earthquake. He was the one member of government who made himself visible to and among the traumatized Haitian people.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 with her fella at the 6th Clinton Global Initiative. Wolf Blitzer did a long interview with the former POTUS and said that CGI is beginning to overshadow UNGA!

These beautiful photos are with one of her very dear friends from SEWA whom she has known for many years.

Bill looked like he was hanging on her every word. You can see the love in his eyes when he watches her speak.
Later that day arriving at a meeting of the Quartet.
With Tony Blair at the Quartet meeting.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 as UNGA gets off the ground she greeted her UK counterpart William Jefferson Hague. I always refer to him by his full name since I find it so incredible that he is only a surname away from Bill Clinton (who has a much better head of hair).I do like pictures of her with her hand on the back of a chair. One day I will round up all the ones I have like this for a slideshow. Beautiful smile!
This is another posture I love along with the cute face. Everything about these pictures reminded me of those adorable pictures from NATO last December when she was also wearing red and David Miliband was so obviously taken with her.
Hillary is gorgeous and really does not need make-up at all, but she takes pains to look her best representing us. I love this picture with the Turkish PM looking over her shoulder.
This is my very favorite of the whole week. She is absolutely exquisite! Could not be lovelier!
I do not know what it is about this one that sucks me in. Her hands, the way she is holding the paper and pen? Her hair, pretty without being fussy? The shawl? I love her shawls. They had the A/C up too high for the sensitive little SOS.
Friday, September 24, 2010 at a meeting in New York City with President Obama.
On the same day at her bilateral with Mahmoud Abbas.
What a week, Mme. Secretary! You came through it all looking gorgeous - my Keatsian commentary for the week.