Saturday, September 11, 2010

Secretary Clinton's Statement on the 9th Anniversary of September 11, 2001

Here is a touching statement from our beautiful Secretary of State. On a day we will never forget, the sky is exactly as blue and clear as it was nine years ago. Having flown that path, I can attest that it is exceedingly easy to follow the Hudson to lower Manhattan when it is this clear. The terrorists chose the perfect time of year to carry out their dastardly task.


I will never forget the visions of that day - especially the second plane flying over the Hudson. When I heard on the radio that Tower Two was hit, I knew for certain what it was, but not why. I remember not being able to wrap my mind around these events. The fact that now I can, that the synapses have formed, that my capacity for conceptualization has deepened since that first plane hit, scares the hell out of me. I wonder what kind of world we live in. Here is our Mme. Secretary.

9th Anniversary of September 11, 2001


Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Washington, DC
September 11, 2010


Nine years later, the memories of September 11, 2001 remain searingly vivid. Loved ones and friends whose lives were cut short. Brave first responders who rushed into burning buildings to save people they had never met. Dedicated construction workers and volunteers who searched tirelessly through the smoldering wreckage for survivors. Families and communities who pulled together to turn tragedy into a new birth of service and tolerance. We remember the pain of loss, but also the pride in our people and our country.
Today I join with all Americans in honoring those who lost their lives on that terrible day. My thoughts and prayers are with their friends and families, with those people who continue to suffer lasting health effects, and with the courageous men and women who are fighting in Afghanistan and elsewhere to defeat those responsible for the attacks. Let us keep all of them in our hearts today and every day.