Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mme. Secretary, Please Be Careful!

This came up in today's press briefing, and I have no further information than what Mark Toner provided. It is clear that her press corps is very protective and watchful. We all pray Mme. Secretary is all right.


Mark C. Toner
Acting Deputy Department Spokesman
Daily Press Briefing
Washington, DC
January 11, 2011

Yeah, go ahead.

QUESTION: First of all, let me wish an early recovery if she’s not badly hurt. What is the physical condition of the Secretary? She -- on the steps she tripped while climbing the plane – the plane’s steps she tripped and fell.

MR. TONER: I’m actually --

QUESTION: What is the latest on --

MR. TONER: I don’t have any information to convey. I’m not aware that she tripped or fell. I can look into it.

QUESTION: We got it from the pool.

MR. TONER: Okay. I’ll have to look into it. I didn’t see the latest.

QUESTION: Okay.

MR. TONER: I only know that she’s en route to Oman in her next stop, so --

QUESTION: Yeah, right on the steps of the plane she fell. Okay, the question is --

MR. TONER: If there’s any update, I can share it. But I don’t believe there is.