Friday, January 14, 2011

Video: Secretary Clinton's Remarks with Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education Muhyiddin bin Mohamed Yassin



Remarks with Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education Muhyiddin bin Mohamed Yassin After Their Meeting


Remarks


Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Treaty Room
Washington, DC
January 14, 2011


SECRETARY CLINTON: I am delighted to welcome the Malaysian deputy prime minister. He and I had an excellent meeting when I was in Kuala Lumpur a few months ago. And we had another excellent meeting just now. It is very exciting for the breadth and depth of our relationship to be on such a positive track, and I look forward to continuing to work closely with the government and people of Malaysia for a better future.

DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER YASSIN: Well, thank you, Secretary Clinton. I think we had a very opportune time in a very short while just now to discuss matters of mutual interest. I appreciate the amount of time that you have given for my delegation to be here in Washington. I think our short meeting has been very fruitful, and I do hope that this all goes well for the future relation between U.S. and (inaudible) Malaysia.

SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you so much, sir.

DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER YASSIN: Thank you.

SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you all very much.