Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Video: Secretary Clinton's Remarks with Kazakh Foreign Minister Kanat Saudabayev

Remarks with Kazakh Foreign Minister Kanat Saudabayev Before Their Meeting


Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Treaty Room
Washington, DC
January 25, 2011






SECRETARY CLINTON: I am delighted to welcome to the State Department the Foreign Minister of Kazakhstan, with whom I have worked now for two years as Secretary of State. And I appreciate this opportunity to continue our dialogue on a range of important issues.

FOREIGN MINISTER SAUDABAYEV: (Via interpreter) Thank you, Secretary. I am glad to have this opportunity to meet with you so that we could summarize the results of our cooperation last year. And also, I would like to say that we should make plans for the next year. And I would like to say that I am grateful to you for your outstanding contribution to the partnership between the U.S. and Kazakhstan, especially with respect to continued contacts between President Nazarbayev and President Obama.

And I would like to stress that this is an especially important day for me because I am meeting with you. You’re a really outstanding person, an excellent politician and diplomat. And I think that the contribution you are making will serve to strengthen the foundation for the relationship between our countries.

SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you so much, Minister. Thank you all very much.