Thursday, January 27, 2011

Video: Secretary Clinton's Remarks to Brazilian Students and Teachers

Remarks to Brazilian Students and Teachers Participating in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Youth Ambassadors Program


Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Department of State
Washington, DC
January 27, 2011






SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, we are so excited that you’ve had this opportunity and that now, I can come and see all of you. I’ve heard stories about your visits, and I know that you’ve been all over, and I’m a little jealous. (Laughter.) Especially about the skiing, although I hope (inaudible). (Laughter.) But we are very excited about this.

I just was in Brazil for the inauguration of your new president. And that was a wonderful, historic occasion. And as you heard President Obama said in the State Of The Union, he’ll be going to Brazil to be there himself and to further deepen the wonderful relationship that we have. So I just am delighted you all are here. Hi Anne, nice to see you.

So I think we’re going to do a picture. Is that what we’re going to do? So where am I going to sit?

(Picture taken.)

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, first of all, as you’ve met Arturo and you’ve met Judith, I think – you know Anne too. And – (applause) – they’ll be able to answer your questions. We’d love to get your feedback about the program, because we want to keep making it better, and we want to have as many youth ambassadors as we possibly can from not just Brazil, but other countries as well. So your ideas, your experiences will help us do it even better the next time. So we very much appreciate that.

So Judith, Arturo, Anne, do you want to maybe take a few questions? There’s (inaudible). Thank you all very much. And I hope that this is a start of an even better relationship between Brazil and the United States and that all of you will be part of our continuing outreach. So I want it just not to be between our governments, but – and our leaders, but between our people.

So, thank you all very much. (Applause.)