Saturday, April 23, 2011

Asseyez-vous, Madame La Secretaire!

I love using French with Mme. Secretary. I remember back in 2009 she served as president of the U.N. Security Council for a session (I believe about violence against women and girls). The French Ambassador to the U.N. addressed her as "Madame La Presidente," and remarked that he liked the sound of that to which she replied, "I love it when you call me that!"

It is a chilly, dreary Holy Saturday here in the northeast, and certainly we all hope Mme. Secretary is enjoying family time this holiday weekend. I thought I would insert a bright little spot into the gloomy day with this slideshow. HRC does something so cute upon taking her seat at conferences. I am pretty sure she is adjusting the height of the chair since I also do this in conference rooms. The SOS looks particularly fetching doing this. Short on pictures/long on cute!