Thursday, April 28, 2011

What goes around comes around. Father Pfleger gets his!

I could not be more validated, as a Catholic, a Hillary supporter, and as a woman! His portrayal of a sincere, dedicated, striving presidential candidate who happened to be a woman was offensive, sexist, and unbecoming a Catholic priest. The archbishop let him have it. I could not be happier. Well, if only they would beatify my Evita, I would be. And if HRC runs for 2012, you will find me over the moon, but I will have filed my absentee ballot!

Archdiocese of Chicago suspends activist South Side priest Pfleger over transfer disagreement


By Associated Press, Wednesday, April 27, 11:46 PM

CHICAGO — An activist Catholic priest in Chicago who made headlines when he mocked Hillary Clinton during her presidential campaign has been suspended by the archdiocese in a disagreement over a proposed transfer.

Cardinal Francis George earlier this year offered the Rev. Michael Pfleger the presidency of a Catholic high school near the church.

Pfleger has said recently he would leave the Roman Catholic Church rather than be removed from his South Side parish. Pfleger has been pastor at St. Sabina Church for more than 30 years.

George wrote to Pfelger, “If that is truly your attitude, you have already left the Catholic Church and are therefore not able to pastor a Catholic parish.”


Read more>>>>>