Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hillary Clinton in Iowa Vol. 4: "Organize, Organize, Organize"

In Iowa City today, Hillary Clinton held a brief presser before an organizing rally with a few  hundred supporters at the public library.

07-07-15-Z-01 07-07-15-Z-09 07-07-15-Z-02 07-07-15-Z-03 07-07-15-Z-04 07-07-15-Z-05 07-07-15-Z-06 07-07-15-Z-07 07-07-15-Z-08

After  the rally, she sat for her first one-on-one interview of the campaign with CNN's Brianna Keilar.  She told Keilar that one thing she learned from her 2008 experience in Iowa was "organize, organize, organize," and that her campaign was doing a great job of that this time around. She also reminded Keilar that she was not running this campaign for the [cranky*] press but for the voters whom she is spending her time getting to know before rolling out major policy plans. [*my word] She said she learned a lot from interacting with people.  Hillary will speak about her economic policies on Monday.

You can read CNN's take on the interview and see video here.  The full interview will re-air at 8 p.m. EDT tonight.

CNN exclusive: Hillary Clinton: 'People should and do trust me'

I thought Keilar was an antagonistic interviewer.  She seemed moored in the opposition spin.  The way questions were worded was intended to try to paint Hillary into a corner, but Hillary  would not let that happen.

"You're starting with so many assumptions there.... I had one device. When I mailed anybody in the government it would go into the government system....  I chose to turn over 55,000 pages because I wanted to go above and beyond what was expected of me."
The Hillary we know has always gone above and beyond.  No surprise here! 

On  the woman-on-currency question, Hillary prefers the 20.  In case you do not know, Jackson did not favor paper currency.  Why remove the first Secretary of the Treasury from the 10?  We should relieve Jackson of his duty to appear on the 20.

Asked by Keilar which SNL version of herself the thought better (Amy Poehler or Kate McKinnon) she responded:
"I think I'm the best Hillary Clinton.  I'm just gonna be my own little self.... I'm not looking for ratings.  I'm looking for votes."
We like your own little self, Hillary, and we are going to help you get those votes.
Have you pitched in yet?  Help organizing efforts where you live.  Get your name on the list!
VOLUNTEER
You can also help out by tossing a few dollars into the pot. Every penny counts!

donate