Friday, December 3, 2010

Hillary, you're breaking my heart!



As you all know, I do not like to depend on articles from the press and prefer to provide Mme. Secretary's own words. No transcripts are forthcoming at the moment, however, yet this article is making the rounds and breaking my heart. I know... I know... she said "probably." But sometimes what your head knows and what your heart feels can be at odds. My heart literally hurts at this. The opportunity we all missed, what could have been, what should have been ... I want to cry!

Hillary Clinton says she's in her last public job

MANAMA (Reuters) – Hillary Clinton said on Friday that her current job as U.S. secretary of state was probably her last public position and that she would in future return to her roots as an advocate for women.

Clinton, who has repeatedly laughed off suggestions she might still want to take command of the White House, told an audience of Bahrain students that she was not contemplating a repeat run for president after losing to Barack Obama in 2008.

"No, I'm not," Clinton said. "I think I'll serve as secretary of state as my last public position, and then probably go back to advocacy work, particularly on behalf of women and children."

Read more>>>>