Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hillary Clinton: How about "babies," "children," or "American citizens"

Just sayin'.

8BNvFIAO
Hillary Clinton retweeted Kelly O'Donnell
Hillary Clinton added, How about "babies," "children," or "American citizens."
I don't know if my grandparents ever became citizens. I don't think my grandmother lived long enough to.  So, though they came legally, in a way my mom and her three brothers were "anchor babies" who conceivably might have been sent to Austria-Hungary in the middle of a war when my grandmother died,  and my grandfather had to put the boys in foster care (i.e. public assistance).  Had that happened, three guys who fought fought in WW II on our side could have ended up fighting on the other side.   Our side also would have missed out on one machinist - my mom.

You reap what you sow.  The U.S. invested in them,  and they paid it back and forward.  That can be multiplied by millions from Austria-Hungary, Italy, and Germany between 1900 and 1910 whose children formed "the greatest generation" and fought the biggest war.

donate
VOLUNTEER