Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day, Slow Hillary Clinton Day

I now have a path to my car and a path FOR my car to get out of the driveway. This morning CNN put the snow total in D.C. at 55" causing an unprecedented 4th day of shut down for the federal government. The reporter in the halls of Congress was solitary in Statuary Hall. So with the snow up to Hillary Clinton's pretty chin, I got on my cross blogosphere skis looking for news, snippets, ANYTHING today about the very lovely Secretary Clinton whose absence from the blogs causes withdrawal symptoms in her loyal followers. (I hope this picture helps a little.)


And what did I find on my winter journey? Well, I found Taylor Marsh's take-down of David Broder's take-up on Sarah Palin. What does this have to do with the exquisite, accomplished, experienced, and encyclopedic Hillary Clinton? Hardly anything except that Marsh invokes her in the oddest way!

Hillary Clinton, now inoculated and neutered over at State, with her candidacy a mere memory, has finally washed the bile from the Establishment’s throat over the possibility of her presidency. So the wannabe path for Sarah is clear and she can walk freer from the fear of Mr. Broder pronouncing she’s unfit.


Pardon me if I have a problem with some words in that passage. "Neutered," attempts by some of her campaign managers to desexualize her notwithstanding, has no business in the same sentence with the name Hillary Clinton. It suggests more than what Marsh appears to be saying, and I am really tired of the comparison, which IS what Marsh is doing here, where Sarah comes off the hot-and-sexy one and Hillary - well, something less. It also suggests the Marsh has not been watching this Secretary of State operate. If a picture is worth a thousand words, I actually do have almost two thousand pictures showing anything BUT a "neutered" Hillary Clinton. Here are a few.




I do not think any of these guys find Hillary Clinton "neutered" in any possible meaning of that word. As for being "inoculated," well, Hillary Clinton is a woman of her word. If she says she is going to do something, she does. She said she would campaign for the ticket in 2008, and she did a better job than any former opponent has ever done for a candidate. She decided to accept Secretary of State, and she is exactly on message with the White House. No one inoculated Hillary Clinton. She is loyal. (I will not make any comparisons here. I refuse.)

As for "bile," let us not forget that Hillary Clinton went into the Democratic Convention with the lead in the popular vote. Her approval ratings are consistently high. I really do not know why Marsh chose to insert Hillary Clinton into this post at all. But I do not like the implications of her comment and had to say so. I put it here rather than The Department of Homegirl Security because many more people come here seeking Hillary. It has been awhile since we have seen her, so I wanted to put her here where her followers look for her.