Friday, June 11, 2010

Photos: Hillary Clinton's Week in Review

Well, since everything on the Secretary of State's schedule today is closed to the press, we are not seeing any photo feeds. Readers might be in need of a Hillary-fix right about now. There were SO many photos taken on this trip to Latin America and the Caribbean that I have not posted many of them. A few that I have put below were posted here earlier in the week, but I like them so much I think they deserve reposting.

She is absolutely exquisite in this photo.

I have been watching "The Tudors," and it occured to me in the last episode that Catherine Parr, Henry's last wife, was, as queen, the Hillary Clinton of her day. He made her regent in his absence, and she was very politically savvy. Hillary, on this chair, looks like a queen on a throne.



So sue me! I just had to repost these with President Correa of Ecuador. The "charm offensive" evidently went both ways! We know that her Squire was scheduled to be in Bogota that evening when she landed anyway, and it's a good thing! Just a reminder - she's taken!



I don't know WHAT President Uribe of Colombia was doing in this picture, but many of the photos we saw of him seemed to indicate that he has quite a sense of humor.



This was a luncheon hosted by Uribe.


Here she is meeting former rebels in Colombia.


Meeting two candidates for President of Colombia. She looks gorgeous in both of these.




With the Ministers at CARICOM.

With the Acting President of Barbados.