Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Upcoming: On Hillary Clinton's Agenda

Usually, when I get advance notice of an event this early, I just hold onto it until the date of the event draws closer. This is different. As we embark on the final two weeks of Gay Pride Month, there are indications that the Secretary of State is about to drop the other shoe.


Some readers will remember that in The Department of Homegirl Security, I posted this on June 10: Hillary Clinton’s Gay Pride Month Gift to the LGBT Community: New Gender Change Policy for Passports. At the time I thought that this was her one big firecracker for this year. Apparently I underestimated (bad on me!) our persistent, dedicated, and egalitarian SOS. Wait folks! She's not done yet! Have a look at this!

Hillary Clinton to address int’l LGBT issues

Chris Johnson | Jun 16, 2010 | Comments 0

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will speak Tuesday on the importance of integrating LGBT issues in U.S. foreign policy, according to the State Department’s LGBT affinity organization.

READ MORE HERE>>>>

All speeches by Hillary Rodham Clinton are purposeful, rational, beautifully organized, researched to a fault, and delivered, by so invested a speaker, with sincerity, reason, and often, a dose of passion. (Speaking, she is easy on the ears and eyes, too, but that is beside the point. I digress. It is easy since she is just that charismatic.) This speech promises to be a very important, landmark address in that it will break new ground in foreign policy. It will set a new course for the 21st century. This will not be a firecracker, or the hand grenade I referred to on June 10. This will be the equivalent of a nuclear explosion. Hmmmm. I am not expecting the homophobes in various quarters to like it. I AM expecting (prick up your ears, or eyes as it were), the LGBT Community to PAY ATTENTION! Know on which side your bread is buttered. It is "Mama Hillary" who is making your sandwiches. Please do not forget that at some time in the future when there might, who knows, be a choice to make.

I will issue a second alert as the day approaches.

**UPDATE** h/t to Pam Spaulding for finding and posting this. Hillary Clinton issues the State Department's 2010 LGBT Pride Proclamation. I awaited a press release and never received one on this proclamation. I just went back to early June and this proclamation is neither in the press releases nor among her remarks. She was in South America at the time, so this blog was pretty busy, but I WAS on the lookout for this year's statement. So thank you, Pam!