Friday, April 5, 2013

Why I am not on the Hillary 2016 Bandwagon

When I read this I didn't know whether I wanted to cry,  hug Chelsea,  or both.

'I just want my mother to rest': Chelsea Clinton opens up about her hopes for Hillary and the White House

By Daily Mail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 07:36 EST, 5 April 2013 | UPDATED: 10:33 EST, 5 April 2013
As speculation swirls over whether Hillary Clinton will run for the White House in 2016, her daughter has waded in on the debate, saying that she simply wants her mother to take it easy.
'Right now, I want her to rest,' Chelsea Clinton, 33, said in an interview with Parade magazine.
'Ultimately I want her to make whatever she thinks is the right decision. I always want to help her in any way I can, because I unapologetically and unabashedly am deeply biased toward my mother.'
Support: Chelsea Clinton, pictured with Hillary Clinton in 2011, has said that she simply wants her mother to rest but will support whatever decision she makes about running for the White House in 2016Support: Chelsea Clinton, pictured with Hillary Clinton in 2011, has said that she simply wants her mother to rest but will support whatever decision she makes about running for the White House in 2016

I am also deeply, unapologetically, and unabashedly biased toward her mother.  Not toward an idea of her mother or some dream of history she might make. I am biased toward the woman I saw wear herself out on the campaign trail while shuttling back to the Senate for votes the other candidates passed on. I am biased toward the woman I have followed all over the globe for four years as she indefatigably served this country as chief diplomat with a dedication that appeared to veto any suggestion of exhaustion.  I am deeply biased toward her and also want her to rest and make her own decision - without any ambient noise from me.  Whenever she makes what she considers the right decision,  I will still be here.  If there is a bandwagon in that future,  that is when I will get onboard. 

Meanwhile, I will still be here, as I have been, reporting her news as I find it, including news about the SuperPACs as it arises.   I will do what she told us to do, wait and watch.