Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hillary Clinton's Cover Letter to Congress and the Unclassified ARB Report

12-06-12-S-03

These are pdfs so I can only link to them.
Here is the cover letter.  Here is the unclassified ARB Report.

 I just read the letter.  It is brilliant.  It should stand as yet another extraordinary response to an existing problem in the same vein as her 1000 Days and clean cookstove efforts.  What she has managed to do here is agree with the ARB's findings and involve the Congressional committees in the effort to address them at every turn.  So while she is saying that there were weaknesses, she is also saying that she has already initiated steps to address them that can succeed only if Congress cooperates.  I like to read documents myself rather than have media interpret them for me.  This letter is a masterpiece from the best secretary of state I have seen in my life.  It is a must read!