Monday, August 1, 2016

A Lovely Email from Hillary Clinton on the History We Made

This is for all of us.
Friends --
As I stood on the stage on Thursday and accepted your nomination for President of the United States, with my wonderful family by my side, I paused for a moment to look at the crowd around me.
I saw women from my mother’s generation, tears in their eyes, finally seeing an age-old dream of theirs fulfilled.
I saw little girls that reminded me of Chelsea and of my granddaughter, signs in their hands and smiles on their faces -- believing without a shadow of a doubt that they, too, will stand on similar stages one day, amidst their own campaigns, on the way to their own presidencies.
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your support. Thank you for volunteering your time, for chipping in when you can, and for talking to your friends and neighbors about why this election matters. It’s thanks to you that from now on, every girl will grow up knowing that she can do and be anything -- even the president.
It was just 116 years ago that our party put forth its first female delegate. And it was just 97 years ago, on the very day my mom Dorothy was born, that women were given the right to vote.
I want you to know that I understand and feel the historic implications of it all. So today, I promise you that I will do my best each day of this campaign and, hopefully, of my presidency, to make you, your mothers, and your daughters proud.
At every campaign stop and every coffee shop, with every voter I meet and every conversation I have, I am reminded of what’s at stake. We must reject the hateful rhetoric we hear from the other side. We must do all the good we can, for all the people we can, in all the ways we can. We must choose love over hate.
And we will. I’m sure of that because I have supporters like you by my side.
Thank you for everything,
Hillary
07-28-16-Z-01
07-28-16-Z-07
07-28-16-Z-10
07-28-16-Z-05
Thank Hillary for being our beacon!

 donate
VOLUNTEER
phone calls (2)