Tuesday, October 27, 2015

John Lewis Helps Launch African Americans for Hillary

Friend --
When I set off to march across the Edmund Pettus bridge in Selma, Alabama, 50 years ago, I did so with the knowledge that I might not come back alive.
But I also knew that what we were trying to accomplish was vital to holding on to the promise of our country: that every person, regardless of race, had a say in their government.
I could never have guessed that in the year 2015, I’d be fighting essentially the same fight all over again.
While Republican candidates keep insisting that there isn’t a problem, Hillary Clinton has committed to turning the tide in favor of expanding voting rights for all Americans. That’s why I’m proud to be a part of this week's launch of African Americans for Hillary -- and I hope you’ll join me.
I was proud to hear Hillary reaffirm her commitment to protecting voting rights in Alabama recently at the Alabama Democratic Conference Convention -- as well as to reforming our criminal justice system and advocating for funding for historically black colleges and universities.
I look forward to fighting for her the way she’s fighting for all of us. That starts right here, when you stand with her.
African Americans for Hillary is a group of supporters making that commitment right now -- because we know how important Hillary’s campaign is to our values and our communities. Will you join me?

Join African Americans for Hillary
Thank you,
John Lewis
An event in Atlanta will formalize the launch.

Hillary Clinton to attend African Americans for Hillary event in Atlanta


ATLANTA (WXIA) – Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will be in Atlanta to launch African Americans for Hillary at a grass roots event on the Clark Atlanta University campus next week.
At the event, Clinton will lay out how she plans to address issues important to the African American community in Atlanta and across the nation over the course of her campaign.
Read more >>>>

donate
VOLUNTEER