Monday, April 11, 2016

Hillary Clinton's New York Daily News Interview

Here is Hillary's interview.  Posting before I have read it myself.

TRANSCRIPT: Hillary Clinton meets with the Daily News Editorial Board, April 9, 2016

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Monday, April 11, 2016
The Daily Editorial Board interviewed Hillary Clinton, Democratic candidate for President, on April 9 in the offices of the newspaper in downtown Manhattan.

Daily News: Welcome. I really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about the issues in this campaign. We will be making an endorsement. Let me start with the economy. You've made lifting the fortunes of the working and middle classes a centerpiece of your campaign. And you're well aware that in 2000, you pledged to create the conditions that would add 200,000 jobs upstate. You're also well aware that that didn't come true. The state Labor Department data show that the average annual number of jobs actually fell during that period. What went wrong?

Hillary Clinton: I would start by recognizing that my plans during the 2000 campaign were premised on what I thought we could do with a Democratic administration to continue the work that had been done in the prior eight years by my husband using every tool: the new market tax credit, empowerment zones, but generally continue the robust growth in the economy. We all know George W. Bush came in with very different economic policies and began to implement them.

Read more and see video >>>>